Last Updated: February 2020 by Narasimhan Santhanam
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
There have been significant action and developments since 2016 in the financing and partnerships of electric vehicles companies.
The govt is keen on investment across the value chain from batteries to smart charging to electric vehicle manufacturing, hence the govt policy is also going to play a major role in the growth of EV in India (Click on each section for more details).
- Standards for EV Chargers in India – Electric Vehicle Charging Protocol – CCS, CHAdeMO, GB/T… – There are three main types of DC fast chargers worldwide – CCS (Europe), CHAdeMO (Japan) and GB/T (China) [Tesla has its own charging technology called the Tesla Supercharger]. While the Indian charging standard (the Bharat Standard) is said to be closely aligned to the GB/T technology, the use of electric vehicles from many international OEMs implies that all the international charging protocols need to be present in India. This post provides status details in India for the three prominent EV charging protocols.
- Indian EV Startup Investments – Electric Vehicle Company Funding, Partnerships, M&A – Since 2017, there has been a number of innovative startups in the Indian EV space. Not surprisingly, many different stakeholders have been keen on investing in these – from angel investors to venture capital companies to large corporates. This post provides updates on the diverse investments that have happened in the Indian EV startup space in the last few years.
- U S. and Chinese Electric Vehicle Policies – EV Policy Comparison for the United States & China – Among the many countries worldwide that are seeing significant electric vehicle adoption, China and the US standout, the former much more than the latter. A large part of the electric vehicles (of all types) are bought in China mostly aided by state policies. The US market is fast warming up to electric cars, initially driven by Tesla but now by many other global auto majors. Get to know from this post the objectives and highlights of the EV policies of these two important EV nations.
- Global MOVE Summit 2018 – Highlights, Policy Announcements, Insights, Investments… – Backed by the central government, India held a large e-mobility summit titled MOVE Summit in 2018, which was well attended by many Indian and international e-mobility stakeholders. Know all about the summit’s background and highlights from this post.
- Highlights of Karnataka EV Policy (2017-2018) – Incentives, Subsidies, Exemptions of Electric Vehicle Policy – Get to know the objectives, highlights and key takeaways from Karnataka’s electric vehicle policy from this post.
- Highlights of Kerala EV Policy (2017-2018) – Incentives, Subsidies, Exemptions of Electric Vehicle Policy – Get to know the objectives, highlights and key takeaways from Kerala’s electric vehicle policy from this post.
- Highlights of Maharashtra EV Policy (2018) – Incentives, Subsidies, Exemptions of Electric Vehicle Policy – Get to know the objectives, highlights and key takeaways from Maharashtra’s electric vehicle policy from this post.
- Highlights of Uttar Pradesh EV Policy 2018 – Incentives, Subsidies, Exemptions of UP Electric Vehicle Policy – Get to know the objectives, highlights and key takeaways from Uttar Pradesh’s electric vehicle policy from this post.
- India Electric Vehicle Market Strategic Insights & Perspectives from EAI – Perspectives from EV industry experts through 200+ blog posts.
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Comprehensive Inputs on Indian EV Ecosystem
Check out the following sections for comprehensive inputs on Indian EV ecosystem (click on each section for more details)
Categories: E-mobility, E-mobility Perspectives, Electric Vehicles
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.