Last Updated: February 2020 by Narasimhan Santhanam
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
Innovations are happening aplenty globally along the entire electric vehicle value chain. In India too, there are innovations and R&D efforts, though by global standards one should say that the Indian efforts are likely to be less impactful to fundamental EV technologies.
Automotive manufacturers globally are investing heavily in research and development to produce in a range of EV innovations – all the way from use of different battery chemistry to advanced BMS solutions for battery battery management to more effective ways to charge electric vehicles in far lesser time.
While India is a late starter in the EV ecosystem space, here are some initiatives taken by India are briefed in detail in the following sections (Click on each section for more details).
- Technologies and Innovations in EV Industry – Better Batteries, Lighter Cars, Faster Charging – This post provides a global overview of research and innovations in the EV sector for batteries, vehicles themselves and for EV charging solutions.
- Innovations in Battery Management System – BMS Technology Trends – Charging, Intelligence, Analytics – The battery management system plays a critical role in ensuring high battery performance while at the same time ensuring that the battery degradation is minimal, thus ensuring a long life for the battery. Unsurprisingly, there are a number of research and innovation efforts worldwide in the domain of battery management systems. This post provides an overview of these research and innovation efforts.
- Research Trends Li-ion Anode/Cathode Material – NMC, LFP, NCA Chemistries for Lithium-Ion Batteries – For at least until 2030, Li-ion batteries will be the mainstay of electric vehicle batteries. But within this genres, a number different chemistries are being evaluated at the cathode and anode. This post provides details on the international research and innovation trends for the various Li-ion battery chemistries.
- Fuel Cell Research Effort in India – R&D in Fuel Cells – IISc, IITs, VSSC – Fuel cells represent an emerging and exciting energy storage technology, both for stationary electricity storage as well as for electric vehicles. Even though the field is nascent, there are already fuel cell based electric cars and even electric vans operating in different parts of the world, though in limited numbers. In India, a number of academic research efforts are ongoing in the fuel cell domain. This post provides details of these research efforts from prominent research and academic institutes.
- EV Battery Innovations – New Anode/Cathode Chemistry, BMS, Nanotech for Electric Vehicle Batteries – Batteries are the most critical technology in the context of electric vehicles. Not surprisingly, a large number of research efforts are being undertaken globally to arrive at better and cheaper batteries. Many of these efforts go far beyond Li-ion batteries and into entirely new chemistries and battery technologies. This post provides a detailed scan of the innovations happening world over across the entire battery value chain.
- Innovative EV Companies in India – Pioneering Indian Startups in Electric Vehicles – Batteries, Scooters, BMS… – Until 2017, one would have been hard-pressed to find an Indian startup operating in the electric vehicle industry. Since then, this field has exploded and attracted very high interest from startups and entrepreneurs. Startup interest in e-mobnility has not been restricted to vehicles alone, but has ranged all the way from electric bicycles to power electronics for EV charging stations. This post provides a detailed list and profiles of startups operating in the Indian electric vehicle domain.
- India Electric Vehicle Market Strategic Insights & Perspectives from EAI – Perspectives from EV industry experts through 200+ blog posts.
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Comprehensive Inputs on Indian EV Ecosystem
Check out the following sections for comprehensive inputs on Indian EV ecosystem (click on each section for more details)
Categories: E-mobility, E-mobility Perspectives, Electric Vehicles
About EAI and BioBiz for Bio-CNG
BioBiz for bio-CNG, EAI's specialized consulting division for bio-CNG, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete bio-CNG value chain – feedstock sourcing, logistics, pre-processing techniques, anaerobic digestion, biogas scrubbing, biogas upgradation, end user markets for bio-CNG and digestate, and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take BioBiz’s assistance for the Indian bio-CNG market.
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.
Devising Your EV Strategy: White Paper from EAI.