Last Updated: February 2020 by Narasimhan Santhanam
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
The Indian electric vehicle sector is nascent, and there are few, if any, an authentic listing of all the electric vehicle companies in India. In addition, it also provides a good understanding of the status & aspirations of the Indian electric vehicle industry, the technical and business partnerships being sought by the various industry stakeholders and the prominent companies in the Indian electric vehicle sector (Click on each section for more details).
- World’s Leading Suppliers of Li-ion Batteries for EVs – Global Electric Vehicle Battery Vendors – This post provides a detailed list of prominent international suppliers for Li-ion batteries and brief profiles for each.
- EV Battery Swapping Stations in India – Electric Vehicle Battery Swap Companies, Biz Models… – Battery swapping solutions provide an alternative to battery charging. By quickly swapping a depleted battery with a battery at full charge, these solutions are able to add a fully charged battery to an electric vehicle in the same amount of time that it takes to fill it with petrol or diesel.
- Prices of Electric Vehicles in India – Cost of Electric Scooter, Cars, Electric Buses – Tata, Mahindra, Hero, Ather, Ashok Leyland – While electric vehicles are still costly compared to their conventional cousins, their prices are coming down rapidly. Get to know the latest prices of a range of electric vehicles in India – for two-wheelers, three-wheelers, cars and buses.
- Prices of Electric Cars – Global – Cost of Electric Cars, Electric Buses – Tesla, Nissan, Toyota, BMW, BYD, Volt, Bolt, Honda – In EU and North America, electric cars are gaining significant traction. Even though they still constitute only a small part of the total car mix on roads, this proportion is increasing fast. And these electric cars come with a wide range of features and…prices. Get to know the prices of the prominent electric cars in the international market from this post.
- Price of an Electric Car – Percentage Break Up by Component – Batteries, Charger, Motor – The electric cars do not have IC engines; instead they have batteries and motors that provide the power required to drive the vehicle. What are the costs for these components of the electric vehicle powertrain? This post explains.
- Cost of Li-ion Batteries – Cost Trends 2018-2030 – $/kWh with Break-Ups – It is well known that the high cost of the battery is what results in the higher cost of the electric cars and other electric vehicles compared to conventional vehicles. But battery prices, especially Li-ion battery prices, have been decreasing significantly last 10 years. Get to know from this post how Li-ion battery costs and prices are expected to trend from now until 2030. along with the components that result in the high cost of the Li-ion battery.
- EV Charging Station Installation & O&M Costs for India – Normal AC Charging, Fast DC Charging – Electric vehicle batteries can be charged in various ways. You can charge the electric vehicle from your home socket the way you charge your mobile phone or laptop. But that may not always be the best way as it could take quite sometime (6-8 hours) to charge. You can also charge electric vehicles from public EV charging stations. Here again, you have the choice of charging it from an AC charging station (which could again take 6-8 hours) or from a fast DC charging station (which could finish the job in less than hour). This post provides details inputs on installation and O&M costs for all types of electric vehicle charging stations.
- Cost Components for Setting Up an EV Charging Station – AC, DC Fast Charging – Hardware, Software, Permits… – Ev charging stations comprise a power source (typically the grid), the actual charger, power electronics that enable such charging and a range of software for monitoring, communications and administration. This post provides details on the break-up of all the costs components for setting up and AC and DC charging stations.
- Sales Trends of Major Indian Electric Vehicle Brands – Hero, TVS, Tata, Mahindra – EVs are still in the nascent stage in India currently, but some of the major players from the conventional auto industry are already taking big steps and have their first electric vehicles o the roads. This post provides data points and insights on the sales trends for these early movers and their electric vehicles.
- Indian Companies Investing in Electric Vehicles – Hero, TVS, Mahindra, Ashok Leyland, Tata, Hyundai, Goldstone, Honda, Maruti, HSW, JBM, Force – Apart from launching their own electric vehicles, a number of prominent Indian companies are also investing in other firms, or investing in joint ventures with international majors. Get to know details of these investments of Indian companies from this post.
- Hybrid Electric 2 Wheelers – Hybrid E-scooter – TVS Honda PCX – Hybrid electric vehicles provide some of the environmental benefits and the economy benefits of a fully electric vehicle while at the same time mitigating the challenges (such as long charging times or range concerns), as these vehicles can run both on batteries and on conventional fuel (diesel, petrol, natural gas…). While there are a number of hybrid electric cars on the roads, hybrid electric two wheelers are relatively rare. This post provides inputs and details for some of these.
- Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles – FCEV Trends – Hyundai, Honda, Daimler – Japan, US, UK, China – Fuels cells are an alternative to the alternative! Fuel cell based vehicles are also electric vehicles, but their electricity is not stored in batteries but are generated on demand from fuel cells, which typically generate electricity by reverse electrolysis. Fuel cells are at a fairy early stage in terms of their commercialization, but some of the international auto companies are already moving. Get to now about FCEVs from leading global auto players from this post.
- Suppliers of EV Components To Tesla, Toyota Prius, Nissan Leaf – Batteries, Motors, Powertrain, BMS – Understanding the emerging supply chain for electric vehicles can be quite instructive. Interestingly, a large proportion of the supply chain comprises companies that are already large auto ancillary companies and not new startups, though you can expect some interesting new companies and suppliers in the mix too. Get to know in detail the supply chain and suppliers to leading global EV OEMs from this post.
- Indian Electric Vehicle Import, Customs Duty – Imports of Electric Cars. E-scooters from China – While India is preparing to establish a domestic manufacturing ecosystem for electric vehicles and its components, currently, a significant portion of the EV powertrain (batteries, motors…) are sourced from outside India. Get to know the latest details on customs duties for electric vehicle and EV parts imports, especially from China.
- EV Companies in India – Indian Electric Scooters, E-rickshaw, Electric Car Companies – Until about 2017, there were perhaps just a handful of EV companies. Fast forward to 2019 (and closing in on 2020), suddenly the Indian EV ecosystem is abuzz with hundreds of companies, many of them startups. This post provides a detailed list of EV companies in India for all types of electric vehicles – from electric bicycles to electric buses, which includes a number of innovative startups.
- India Electric Vehicle Market Strategic Insights & Perspectives from EAI – A detailed post providing expert insights for the Indian electric vehicle and e-mobility segments. This post has contributions from consulting and market research experts belonging to EV Next, EAI’s dedicated consulting division for electric vehicles.
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Comprehensive Inputs on Indian EV Ecosystem
Check out the following sections for comprehensive inputs on Indian EV ecosystem (click on each section for more details)
Categories: E-mobility, E-mobility Perspectives, Electric Vehicles
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.