EAI Services for Indian Solar PV Market
The National Solar Mission and its ambitious targets and incentives have provided the necessary impetus for entrepreneurs and investors to explore this industry. The convergence of decrease in capital costs, increase in efficiency and significant financial support by the Government has resulted in a wide range of attractive business opportunities along the entire solar energy value chain in India.
Entrepreneurs and investors are in need of a comprehensive support resource to understand the critical aspects of solar PV industry in the Indian context and to identify key drivers for opportunities.
EAI can provide assistance across the entire value chain to the Solar PV industry.
1. Solar PV power generation
In this area, EAI can assist clients in:
- Understanding government policies, feed-in-tariffs and other regulatory requirements
- Bid advisory services
- Assessing investments and returns
- Financing and identifying related challenges
- Evaluating various technology options in solar power generation
- Preparation of business plan and detailed project report.
EAI has prepared a comprehensive report called "Solar PV Advisor". The details of which are available on our website - http://www.eai.in/ref/reports/solar.html.
2. Solar PV components
EAI provides advisory services to its clients in the following aspects of setting up manufacturing units in India.
- Assessment of market potential for a new entrant in various parts of the solar PV value chain in India.
- Analysis and comparison of technologies and equipments required for various parts of the solar PV industry.
- Estimation of capital investments, working capital requirements and return on Investments (ROI) in solar PV components business in India.
- Identification of technology partners from India or abroad.
- Preparation of bankable Detailed Project Reports (DPR) which can be used for financing projects.
3. Solar products manufacturing and sales
Decentralized solar power and solar products is a market that has promising potential but is often ignored as highlight is on the grid-interactive power generation and solar PV manufacturing businesses. However, off grid solar is picking up in a big way as people are able to see a favorable business case.
EAI's assistance in this area includes:
- Assessment of market potential for a new entrant in off-grid solar products retailing in India (especially Bottom-of-the-Pyramid).
- Investments and Returns in the off-grid solar products retailing sector.
- A comparison between manufacturing and outsourcing of solar PV products.
- Marketing strategy and assistance in setting up distribution channels.
4. Market entry strategy for foreign companies
We can assist companies in any part of the value chain viz.,
- Plant monitoring and control systems
- Other service sectors
For foreign companies to enter the Indian market, they need to obtain a better idea of the following:
- A clear understanding of Indian renewable energy market structure and its dynamics - number of suppliers/competitors, government policies, incentives, key bottlenecks, barriers, etc.
- Insights into existing sales channels for incumbent players in the market.
- Understanding key levers for sales and marketing success in the industry.
- Potential of Indian solar PV industry in order to set sales targets and estimates.
- Estimates of investments required for a defined scope of operations.
- Government policies in the context Indian market entry by foreign firms.
- A step-by-step roadmap of how to start off operations.
EAI can assist companies to enter Indian solar PV market by offering the following services
- Assessment of market size and potential for products and services in India.
- Identification of major players in the Solar PV value chain.
- Analysis of market dynamics and recommendation of pricing strategies.
- Identification of potential partners and carrying out due diligence services.
- Identification of joint venture and sales/marketing partners.
- Outside of the feed-in-tariff, location and technology are the two key determinants of revenues for solar PV power plants
- While solar PV power production is usually a PPA (power purchase agreement) based game with limited upsides, there are more attractive opportunities along the PV value chain, especially in the manufacturing and services value chains; these opportunities could have significantly higher upside potential when compared to power production.
- Companies keen on solar PV power production will do well to explore both the central and state government policies.
- With the demand for off-grid solar products such as solar lamps, lanterns and solar power packs on the increase, there is a large market evolving for entrepreneurs.
- Power production from thin film panel based solar power plants cost slightly less per kWh than that from crystalline solar power plants, but the practical efficiencies and robustness of thin films over a 25 year project time period is not well established. As a result, it is not fully clear which of the two � thin films or crystalline - is better.
- Thin films could score over crystalline specifically in areas where the average temperatures are much higher than 30°C or lower than 20°C, owing to their better efficiencies in these ranges.
- As of Jul 2011, there are no domestic players in the manufacturing grid scale solar PV inverters, so this could be considered an opportunity for firms from abroad, or for domestic firms keen on establishing leadership.
- Installation of effective power plant monitoring systems could result in a 10-15% higher overall realized electricity output
Case Study 1:
Indian Market Entry Strategy for a German Solar PV Firm
Case Study 2:
Exploring Potential of Distributed Green Power for Rural Communities
Case Study 3:
Solar PV Diversification Strategy for an Indian Multinational
Case Study 4:
Market Intelligence for Diversification into Off-Grid Solar Products
|View all Case-studies|
In this page
- Wind Power Purchase through Group Captive
- India Solar PV Advisor
- India Solar PV Module Market Report
- India Biomass Gasification Power Production
- Comprehensive Oilgae Report
- Oilgae Digest
- Oilgae Report Academic Edition
- Oilgae Guide to Algae-based Wastewater Treatment
- Comprehensive Guide for Algae-based CO2 Capture
- Replacing Diesel with Solar
- Comprehensive Castor Oil Report
Our Customers & Clients
EAI's consulting team has been assisting several organizations in a variety of areas of renewable energy.
Answered by EAI
Which of the two technologies – thin film or crystalline - is better for grid connected solar PV power plants?
How have the existing solar PV power plants (both grid connected and off-grid) performed on various critical parameters?
How can I find skilled technicians and engineers for solar PV power plants? What is the overall availability of such talent in India?
To what extent could the O&M in solar PV power plants be automated? What are the specific innovations?
What are the technical & economic feasibility, and market potential, for polysilicon and wafers in India?
What are the opportunities available in solar PV for small entrepreneurs? For medium sized businesses?
What are the commercialization possibilities for emerging technologies such as CPV, organic solar cells etc?
What is the technical and economic feasibility for solar/biomass hybrid? Solar/diesel hybrid?
What are the different avenues available for power sale, other than to the grid?
What is the potential for sale of solar power to third party private companies?
How do global happenings in solar industry affect viability of projects in India?
How does one choose an ideal location for setting up solar power projects?
What are the key determinants of profitability of solar PV power plants?
What types of venture capital and private equity investments are happening?
How does solar PV perform compared to wind, small hydro and biomass?
What is the role of monitoring systems in solar PV power plants?
What are the costs and benefits of installing monitoring systems?
Feasibility of using solar PV as a replacement for diesel
Specific techno economic feasibility for rooftop solar PV
What are the business prospects for solar PV modules production?
What is the market potential for diverse solar PV products?
How reliable are the Chinese solar panels?
Opportunities in manufacturing / supply of balance of systems
The EAI team has undertaken a number of research and consulting assignments spanning the entire spectrum of renewable energy sources.
See the profiles of our consulting team here http://www.eai.in/ref/team/team.html
Levi Strauss or Also Rans?
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
EAI - Energy Alternatives India
C/O Clixoo Solutions Private Limited
A5C, Anugraha Buildings,
41, Nungambakkam High road,
Why EAI for Solar PV
EAI has an exceptional understanding of the key drivers and characteristics of the entire solar PV value chain - from polysilicon to solar farms and offgrid solar products
EAI Solar team has published leading industry reports for all the key segments of the solar PV value chain. Our EAI India Solar PV Advisor is considered to be one of the most authoritative guides for the grid connected solar power production industry
Our work on diverse assignments in solar PV have provided our team with unique perspectives that will be of use to both small entrepreneurs as well as global leaders
EAI Solar PV Consulting Team
The EAI team has a consulting division dedicated to solar PV. This team comprises industry experts, consultants and research analysts with in-depth knowledge of the entire solar PV value chain. Our team has worked with global companies on projects related to solar wafer, cell and module manufacturing as well as on the various aspects of the Indian solar PV power production
Overall, the Research & Consulting Team at Energy Alternatives India comprises professionals from reputed universities such as the IITs and IIMs who have considerable experience in and acquaintance with the Indian renewable energy sector.
The EAI team has undertaken a number of research and consulting assignments spanning the entire spectrum of renewable energy sources.See the profiles of our consulting team here http://www.eai.in/ref/team/team.html
The EAI Expertise
The EAI team has a dedicated focus on the Indian alternative and renewable energy industry. This focus, combined with its experienced team of professionals makes EAI an ideal partner to help your company in benefiting from the opportunities in this industry.