Bharat Forge’s Plans for E-Mobility – EV Next
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
The Public Indian multinational company founded in 1961, is a technology driven global leader in metal forming having transcontinental presence across eight manufacturing locations, serving several sectors including automotive, power, oil and gas, construction & mining, locomotive, marine and aerospace.
The world’s largest forging company with manufacturing facilities spread across India, Germany and Sweden, Bharat Forge manufactures a wide range of high performance, critical and safety components for the automotive and non-automotive sector.
It is India’s largest manufacturer and exporter of automotive components and leading chassis component manufacturer in the world. BFL’s customer base includes virtually every global automotive OEM and Tier 1 supplier.
- Electric Powertrain Solutions
- Modular design concept
- Motor Design & development
- Motor testing
- Battery Management System Design and Development
- Inverter Design & development
- Systems & subsystems
- Parts of Powertrain
- Bharat Forge announced an investment of upto Rs 30 Crores for eventual stake of 45% in an EV startup, with one of the most renowned e-bike manufacturers in India, Tork Motorcycles, India’s first, premium electric motorcycle company, having seasoned Business & Technical expertise in developing 2 wheeler power-trains since 2009.
- Bharat Forge Ltd. has opened a Research & Development facility in the UK, in MIRA Technology Park, the UK’s leading automotive technology park and Enterprise Zone, in January 2018 where it will be developing components & subsystems focused on Electric Vehicles. This facility will complement the capabilities & knowledge established over the past two years in Kalyani Centre for Technology & Innovation (KCTI) & Kalyani Centre for Manufacturing Innovation (KCMI) in Pune focused on delivering solutions for Electric Vehicles to capture the market of e-vehicles like that of e-truck manufacturers in India.
- The company also made an investment of £10m in UK based Electric commercial vehicle company Tevva Motors to build scalable & modular commercial electric vehicles in June 2018. As part of this investment, Bharat Forge has also acquired exclusive design, technology & sales license for commercialization of Tevva technology for Indian market.
The company has specialized in-house R&D centres called MIRA, Overseas State-of-the-Art Electric power-train and vehicle engineering centre and KCTI, Power Electronics Lab.
- The company is the world’s largest forging company with manufacturing facilities spread across India, Germany, Sweden, France and North America.
- Bharat Forge, in June 2019 announced an investment of 11.35 million Euro (Rs 88.9 crore) into a new 50-50 joint venture with Germany’s Refu Electronik GmbH. The new entity will make components for electric and hybrid vehicles.
Read EV Next posts on the India electric vehicle strategy for these companies: ABB | ACME | Altigreen Propulsion | Amara Raja | Ashok Leyland | Ather Energy | Audi | Bajaj | BASF | Black & Veatch | BMW | Bosch | Continental AG | Denso | Exide | Exicom | Ford | Fortum | General Motors | Great Wall Motors| Greaves | Hella | Hero Electric | Honda | Hyundai | JBM | Kia | Kinetic Green | LG | Mahindra Electric | MG Motors | Nissan | Ola | Olectra | Panasonic | Piaggio | Porsche | Renault | Samsung SDI | Schneider Electric | Sun Mobility | Tata Autocomp | Tata Motors | Tata Power | Toyota | TVS Motors | Uber | UL | Volvo |
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Categories: E-mobility, Electric Vehicles, EV Components Strategy, Indian E-mobility Strategy
About EAI and BioBiz for Bio-CNG
BioBiz for bio-CNG, EAI's specialized consulting division for bio-CNG, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete bio-CNG value chain – feedstock sourcing, logistics, pre-processing techniques, anaerobic digestion, biogas scrubbing, biogas upgradation, end user markets for bio-CNG and digestate, and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take BioBiz’s assistance for the Indian bio-CNG market.
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.