Tata Autocomp’s Plans for E-Mobility – EV Next
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
With Tata Motors developing their own Electric vehicles & Tata Chemicals planning to setup Li-ion battery manufacturing unit in the country, the automobile components manufacturing arm of the Tata Group sees a huge demand and necessity in working on components for electric vehicles. With a plethora of partnerships with foreign companies Tata Autocomp aims to be part of the entire EV value chain.
Tata AutoComp Systems, promoted by the Tata Group, provides products and services to the Indian and Global automotive OEMs as well as Tier 1 suppliers. Tata AutoComp Systems’ portfolio includes Automotive Interior & Exterior Plastics, Composites, Sheet Metal Stampings, Engine cooling solutions, Automotive Batteries, Rear View Mirrors, Command systems like Park Brake Lever, Gear Shifters, Washer Systems, HVAC solutions, Exhaust and Emission control systems, Seating systems and Electronic solutions including ADAS, BMS, Telematics, etc. for passenger and commercial vehicles as well as Powertrain Cooling Solutions and Suspensions for heavy commercial vehicles. It also offers Engineering and Supply Chain Management services to its customers. Tata AutoComp Systems sells components in the Aftermarket under the brand name “AUTOCOMP” as well as exports components to Europe, US, Middle East and neighboring countries.
Safety and Comfort
- Plastic Components and Aggregates
- Mirrors, Washers, ADAS, Telematics
- Kinematic Plastic Parts
- High Performance Composite Systems Parts
- Seating Systems
Powertrain, Cooling & Emission
- Powertrain Cooling Solutions for M&HD Trucks
- Gear Shifters
- Engine Cooling Solutions, EGR and Oil Coolers
- Parking Brake Levers
- Exhaust & Emission Aftertreatment Solutions
- Electric Motor Cooling Solutions
Axles & Suspension, BIW, Electrical
- Automotive and Inverter Batteries
- Suspension Systems for Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Battery Cooling Systems
- Sheet Metal Parts and Aggregates
- Battery Pack
- Electric Motors
Aftermarket & Services
- After Market
- Supply Chain Management
- Engineering Services
- Tata Ficosa (JV between Tata Autocomp and Ficosa International) is into battery packs, BMS, on-board chargers, DC/DC convertors for two- and three-wheelers
- Tata Toyo Radiator has developed capabilities for thermal management (solutions) for electric vehicles, and Tata Green Batteries is developing solutions for batteries.
- Tata Ficosa has solutions ready for ADAS and telematics. Meanwhile, light-weighting is a major focus for our Interiors and Plastics Division, Composites Division and Tata AutoComp Hendrickson Suspensions
- With the recent JV with Prestolite Electric , Tata AutoComp’s products in the EV segment now include motors, controllers, integrated drivetrain, battery pack, battery management systems, among others, as well as EV chargers, the company said in a statement in jan 2020.
Tata Autocomp will manufacture home charger units for all EVs of Tata Motors
- Tata AutoComp Systems has 9 joint ventures in partnership with leading Global Auto Component players like TRAD and GS Yuasa of Japan, Ficosa of Spain, Air International of China, Katcon of Mexico, Hendrickson and Magna of US, Gotion of China and SECO of South Korea.
- Tata AutoComp Systems, the auto-component arm of the Tata Group entered a joint venture with Beijing-based Prestolite Electric to enter the electric vehicle (EV) components market. The joint venture company will develop powertrain solutions for the Indian EV market in January 2020.
- Tata AutoComp Systems entered into a joint venture with Chinese company Guoxuan High-Tech to manufacture battery packs for electric cars. The joint-venture company has started a prototype manufacturing operation in Pune in April 2019.
- Tata AutoComp Systems partnered with Australia’s Tritium Pty Ltd to supply direct current (DC) fast chargers for electric vehicles in India in March 2019.
Read EV Next posts on the India electric vehicle strategy for these companies: ABB | ACME | Altigreen Propulsion | Amara Raja | Ashok Leyland | Ather Energy | Audi | Bajaj | BASF | Bharat Forge | Black & Veatch | BMW | Bosch | Continental AG | Denso | Exide | Exicom | Ford | Fortum | General Motors | Great Wall Motors| Greaves | Hella | Hero Electric | Honda | Hyundai | JBM | Kia | Kinetic Green | LG | Mahindra Electric | MG Motors | Nissan | Ola | Olectra | Panasonic | Piaggio | Porsche | Renault | Samsung SDI | Schneider Electric | Sun Mobility | Tata Motors | Tata Power | Toyota | TVS Motors | Uber | UL | Volvo |
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Categories: E-mobility, Electric Vehicles, EV OEMs Strategy, Indian E-mobility Strategy
About EAI and BioBiz for Bio-CNG
BioBiz for bio-CNG, EAI's specialized consulting division for bio-CNG, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete bio-CNG value chain – feedstock sourcing, logistics, pre-processing techniques, anaerobic digestion, biogas scrubbing, biogas upgradation, end user markets for bio-CNG and digestate, and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take BioBiz’s assistance for the Indian bio-CNG market.
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.