Exide’s Plans for E-Mobility – EV Next
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
Headquartered in Kolkata, Exide is the largest manufacturer of automobile batteries in India for ICE vehicles and is now developing technologies for supplyingg Li-ion batteries for electric vehicles and grid storage.
Exide designs, manufactures, markets and sells the widest range of lead acid storage batteries in the world from 2.5Ah to 20,600Ah capacity, to cover the broadest spectrum of applications. Using the latest technological inputs, they manufacture batteries for the automotive, power, telecom, infrastructure projects, computer industries, as well as the railways, mining and defence sectors.
The company sells 2 variants of Exide e-ride e-rickshaw battery in India: E Ride Plus & E Ride Tubular.
The company manufactured and launched an electric rickshaw named Neo, powered by its VRLA battery for sale through select channels in NCR from October, 2019.
- The company plans to assemble auto rickshaws from October, 2019 and aims to generate INR 120 Cr revenue after a year of operation
- Plans to gain 10% market share in one year in the electric rickshaws sector.
- Lithium-ion variant of e-rickshaw to be launched in next six months
- In order to provide their e-rickshaws on easy EMIs, the company is in talks with finance companies and intermediate distributors to come up with leasing schemes.
- Eyeing India’s electric vehicle (EV) market and grid-based applications, Exide had formed a joint venture with Switzerland-based Leclanché SA, one of the world’s leading energy storage solution companies, in June 2018 in a 75:25 ratio
- The key area of focus for the venture will be e-transport, stationary energy storage systems, and specialty storage markets. In e-transport, which is the primary target segment, the venture will work on a fleet of vehicles including electric buses, electric two-wheelers and electric rickshaw.
Read EV Next posts on the India electric vehicle strategy for these companies: ABB | ACME | Altigreen Propulsion | Amara Raja | Ashok Leyland | Ather Energy | Audi | Bajaj | BASF | Bharat Forge | Black & Veatch | BMW | Bosch | Continental AG | Denso | Exicom | Ford | Fortum | General Motors | Great Wall Motors| Greaves | Hella | Hero Electric | Honda | Hyundai | JBM | Kia | Kinetic Green | LG | Mahindra Electric | MG Motors | Nissan | Ola | Olectra | Panasonic | Piaggio | Porsche | Renault | Samsung SDI | Schneider Electric | Sun Mobility | Tata Autocomp | Tata Motors | Tata Power | Toyota | TVS Motors | Uber | UL | Volvo |
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Categories: E-mobility, Electric Vehicles, EV Batteries Strategy, Indian E-mobility Strategy
About EAI and BioBiz for Bio-CNG
BioBiz for bio-CNG, EAI's specialized consulting division for bio-CNG, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete bio-CNG value chain – feedstock sourcing, logistics, pre-processing techniques, anaerobic digestion, biogas scrubbing, biogas upgradation, end user markets for bio-CNG and digestate, and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take BioBiz’s assistance for the Indian bio-CNG market.
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.