Olectra Greentech’s Plans for E-Mobility – EV Next
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
The company offers green energy solutions to public transport by introducing the state of the art e-Bus (electric Bus). These revolutionary electric buses help fleet operators abandon fossil fuels, improve environmental quality and reduce operating costs.
They started work on EV business during 2014-15 and started with the first commercial EV trial in 2016.
Olectra Greentech Ltd(Formerly Goldstone Infratech Ltd) is a public listed company. It was founded in 1992 in Hyderabad. It is a part of the highly diversified Goldstone Group, with major interests in Composite Insulators, Amorphous core-distribution transformers, Data Analysis, IT consulting and Electric Buses. GIL is currently traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the National Stock Exchange (NSE). GIL is an ISO-9001:2008 certified company and its R & D Center is recognized by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India. GIL is a market leader through creative technologies and commitment to excellence. GIL is the largest manufacturer and supplies.
The company offers two variants of electric buses. These buses use lithium-iron-phosphate battery which ensures longer lifetime, better power density and is safe due to chemical and thermal stability.
Olectra – BYD C9 Long range electric bus at the Auto Expo 2020
- The company is setting up a Greenfield manufacturing facility in the country at a cost of around Rs. 2 billion. The new facility to be spread across 100 acres at Bidar in Karnataka, will have an initial capacity of around 1,000 units a year. Localization of the product, around 25 per cent initially, will be increased to 50 per cent by 2020.
- Plans to have 735 new e-buses by the end of 2020.
Olectra’s Fast charging equipment for their buses
- Olectra Greentech bagged an order for 31 buses in 2017 from Himachal Roadways and Transport Corporation (HRTC) and the BrihanMumbai Electricity Supply and Transport Undertaking (BEST).
- In Feb 2018, the company partnered with BYD from China for manufacturing electric buses in India.
- The company announced in Apr 2018, that it won orders for 290 electric buses from STUs against Tata Motors’ 190 electric buses and Ashok Leyland’s 40 buses.
- Goldstone imports batteries and other critical components from BYD.
- The company which currently has an assembly facility for buses outside Hyderabad, is spending Rs. 5 billion to set up a manufacturing facility in Bangalore. The unit capable of producing 1500 E-buses a year is expected to be operational in 2018.
- The company claimed all e-bus orders from Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai under the GCC model. Based on the 35% localization clause, it will get 60% govt. subsidy, spread over a three year period.
Read EV Next posts on the India electric vehicle strategy for these companies: ABB | ACME | Altigreen Propulsion | Amara Raja | Ashok Leyland | Ather Energy | Audi | Bajaj | BASF | Bharat Forge | Black & Veatch | BMW | Bosch | Continental AG | Denso | Exide | Exicom | Ford | Fortum | General Motors | Great Wall Motors| Greaves | Hella | Hero Electric | Honda | Hyundai | JBM | Kia | Kinetic Green | LG | Mahindra Electric | MG Motors | Nissan | Ola | Panasonic | Piaggio | Porsche | Renault | Samsung SDI | Schneider Electric | Sun Mobility | Tata Autocomp | Tata Motors | Tata Power | Toyota | TVS Motors | Uber | UL | Volvo |
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Categories: E-mobility, Electric Vehicles, EV OEMs Strategy, Indian E-mobility Strategy
About EAI and BioBiz for Bio-CNG
BioBiz for bio-CNG, EAI's specialized consulting division for bio-CNG, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete bio-CNG value chain – feedstock sourcing, logistics, pre-processing techniques, anaerobic digestion, biogas scrubbing, biogas upgradation, end user markets for bio-CNG and digestate, and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take BioBiz’s assistance for the Indian bio-CNG market.
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.