Porsche’s Plans for E-Mobility – EV Next
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
The Porsche Taycan is the company’s first all electric vehicle and was first unveiled as a concept car named Mission E at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show and then in production form at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show.
Porsche India is a division of ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited, with its headquarters in Mumbai. They are the sole importers for Porsche’s range of sport luxury cars – including the iconic 911, Boxster, Cayman, Macan, Cayenne and Panamera – all of which showcase exemplary driving characteristics, thoroughbred performance, engineering excellence, attention to detail and exquisite craftsmanship. They are also the exclusive importer for Porsche’s range of parts and accessories in India and have the responsibility to set up and maintain dealerships and offer sales and after sales for our entire range of cars in India.
- Taycan is the first fully electric vehicle from the German supercar maker.
- In India Taycan will be launched in July 2020 for $370,00(2.61 Cr).
- Although, Porsche’s Taycan is estimated to cost around $100,000 (INR 70 Lakh) for the base price and $150,900 (INR 1.06 Cr) outside India, but the local car duties make imported luxury cars about 2.5 times more expensive than their cost in Europe.
- Porsche is looking to target ultra-rich Indians, who have the capability to buy it.
- Ionity is the public charging infrastructure providing partner for Porsche. The company is a JV of major automobile manufacturers such as BMW, Daimler, Ford and Porsche. With Porsche launching in India, Ionity also has a huge possibility to introduce its charging infrastructure in India.
- Porsche opened Europe’s most powerful rapid-charging park in Leipzig. Porsche Leipzig is expanding the charging infrastructure for electric vehicles in central Germany with a new charging park called Porsche Turbo Charging in February 2020.
- Porsche AG increased its stake in Croatian electric vehicle components and hypercar company Rimac Automobili to a total of around 15% in September 2019.
Read EV Next posts on the India electric vehicle strategy for these companies: ABB | ACME | Altigreen Propulsion | Amara Raja | Ashok Leyland | Ather Energy | Audi | Bajaj | BASF | Bharat Forge | Black & Veatch | BMW | Bosch | Continental AG | Denso | Exide | Exicom | Ford | Fortum | General Motors | Great Wall Motors| Greaves | Hella | Hero Electric | Honda | Hyundai | JBM | Kia | Kinetic Green | LG | Mahindra Electric | MG Motors | Nissan | Ola | Olectra | Panasonic | Piaggio | Renault | Samsung SDI | Schneider Electric | Sun Mobility | Tata Autocomp | Tata Motors | Tata Power | Toyota | TVS Motors | Uber | UL | Volvo |
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Categories: E-mobility, Electric Vehicles, EV OEMs Strategy
About EAI and BioBiz for Bio-CNG
BioBiz for bio-CNG, EAI's specialized consulting division for bio-CNG, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete bio-CNG value chain – feedstock sourcing, logistics, pre-processing techniques, anaerobic digestion, biogas scrubbing, biogas upgradation, end user markets for bio-CNG and digestate, and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take BioBiz’s assistance for the Indian bio-CNG market.
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.