Hella’s Plans for E-Mobility – EV Next
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
Hella introduces a comprehensive range of quality automotive parts and accessories, both for OEM’s and Independent Aftermarket.
Hella, a public company, founded in 1899 has an experience of over 50 years of its presence in Indian market as it entered Into JV with JMA Industries in the year 1959. Hella India Automotive Pvt Ltd. (earlier known as Hella India Electronics Pvt Ltd.) was established as a 100% subsidiary of Hella GmbH & Co. KGaA of Germany in 2005 by ending the JV Padmini Engg Pvt Ltd. and Hella India Lighting Ltd was established as 81% subsidiary of Hella GmbH & Co. KGaA of Germany in 2005 by ending the JV with JMA Industries.
Hella has its presence across major automobile hubs in India with six locations- three manufacturing locations in Dhankot, Gurgaon ;Derabassi, near Chandigarh & Delvada Khant in Gujarat, one Global Electronics Development Centre in Pune, one Engineering Centre in Chennai and one Independent Aftermarket location in Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon.
HIA’s current and planned product portfolio for India includes:
- Body electronics: Body control modules, car access passive entry, Remote keyless entry, smart mood lighting, reverse park assist system, immobilizer, connectivity solutions
- Energy management: Intelligent battery systems, DC/DC converters, DC/DC stabilizer, fuel control module, current sensor
- Electric power steering: Steering control module, steering torque & angle sensor
- Sensors: Accelerator pedal sensor, position sensor, oil level sensor, climate sensor, rain light sensor
- Actuators: Headlamp levelling actuator, vacuum pump, body actuators, electronic horn, engine compartment actuator
- 2/3-Wheeler Market: Multifunction connectivity ECU, motor controller, motor
- In June 2017, Hell and ZF signed a strategic partnership for development of Autonomous driving systems.
- In Nov 2018, Hella and Faurecia partnered to build futuristic cockpits.
- In Jan 2018, Hella and Koovers partnered to offer Quick service garages.
- In April 2019, Hella and Pitstop partnered to build 50 co-branded workshops under Unnayan Project.
- Behr Hella Thermocontrol (BHTC) – joint venture between Hella and Mahle is one of the world’s leading companies in the area of climate control and thermal management for the automotive industry. Its main product group consists of operator and control units for vehicle air conditioning; climate control sensors and fan controls round out the portfolio. BHTC covers the entire spectrum in this segment, from design and development to production of entire climate control systems.
The company has brought in the many innovative lighting technologies to the needs of Indian Customers, which is possible due to Hella’s strong focus on R&D, it has engaged 20% of the workforce dedicated for R&D activities across the world, including India. With its constant focus on R&D, Hella has become an innovative leader in automotive lighting.
- Hella works with Paul Vahle GmbH in USA to develop wireless charging systems that could spark renewed consumer interest in electric and hybrid-electric vehicles.
Read EV Next posts on the India electric vehicle strategy for these companies: ABB | ACME | Altigreen Propulsion | Amara Raja | Ashok Leyland | Ather Energy | Audi | Bajaj | BASF | Bharat Forge | Black & Veatch | BMW | Bosch | Continental AG | Denso | Exide | Exicom | Ford | Fortum | General Motors | Great Wall Motors| Greaves | Hella | Hero Electric | Honda | Hyundai | JBM | Kia | Kinetic Green | LG | Mahindra Electric | MG Motors | Nissan | Ola | Olectra | Panasonic | Piaggio | Porsche | Renault | Samsung SDI | Schneider Electric | Sun Mobility | Tata Autocomp | Tata Motors | Tata Power | Toyota | TVS Motors | Uber | UL | Volvo |
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Categories: E-mobility, Electric Vehicles, EV Components Strategy, Indian E-mobility Strategy
About EAI and BioBiz for Bio-CNG
BioBiz for bio-CNG, EAI's specialized consulting division for bio-CNG, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete bio-CNG value chain – feedstock sourcing, logistics, pre-processing techniques, anaerobic digestion, biogas scrubbing, biogas upgradation, end user markets for bio-CNG and digestate, and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take BioBiz’s assistance for the Indian bio-CNG market.
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.