ABB India’s Plans for E-Mobility – EV Next
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
ABB India was founded in 1949. It is headquartered in Bengaluru. ABB lays the foundations for a fryone, everywhere. ABB offers a total ev charging solution from compact, high quality AC wallboxes, reliable DC fast charging stations with robust connectivity, to innovative on-demuture of smarter, reliable, and emission-free mobility, accessible by eveand electric bus charging systems
ABB has been investing in the Indian subcontinent ever since and has expanded its manufacturing, engineering and R&D footprint. Today, ABB employs over 10,000 people across more than 40 locations in Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka. ABB has 12 manufacturing sites on the subcontinent and one of its seven corporate research centers around the world is based in India.
Many of the technologies, from high-voltage DC power transmission to ship propulsion, has been developed or commercialized by ABB. ABB is the largest supplier of industrial motors and drives, power grids and the largest provider of generators to the wind industry.
The company offers electric vehicle charging infrastructure. It offers six different multi-standard DC fast chargers for electric cars, buses, large & small commercial vehicles.
- ABB India in October 2017 placed a bid in response to a government tender to set up 4,500 charging stations for electric vehicles.
- ABB is the title sponsor for the electric racing car series which has pioneered the development of production electric cars around the world. The collaboration serves as a competitive platform to test and develop e-mobility-relevant electrification and digitalization technologies.
- Ashok Leyland, India’s largest bus manufacturer, and the fourth largest manufacturer of buses in the world, will develop and manufacture electric buses with ABB’s award-winning TOSA flash-charging technology along with operational support and service from January 2020.
- Invested in Numocity, an EV Technology solutions provider in Bangalore in January 2020.
- The company also has its R&D centre in Bangalore.
- ABB has bought a majority stake in Shanghai Chargedot New Energy Technology Co. Ltd, a Chinese electric vehicle charging company in October 2019.
- IONITY, a joint venture of BMW Group, Daimler AG, Ford Motor Company, as well as the Volkswagen Group with Audi and Porsche has given ABB an order for 664 high power 350 kW chargers for Europe from 2018.
- ABB has teamed up with Porsche Japan to develop a dedicated high-power charger for Porsche’s electric vehicles (EVs) in Japan in April 2019.
Read EV Next posts on the India electric vehicle strategy for these companies: ACME | Altigreen Propulsion | Amara Raja | Ashok Leyland | Ather Energy | Audi | Bajaj | BASF | Bharat Forge | Black & Veatch | BMW | Bosch | Continental AG | Denso | Exide | Exicom | Ford | Fortum | General Motors | Great Wall Motors| Greaves | Hella | Hero Electric | Honda | Hyundai | JBM | Kia | Kinetic Green | LG | Mahindra Electric | MG Motors | Nissan | Ola | Olectra | Panasonic | Piaggio | Porsche | Renault | Samsung SDI | Schneider Electric | Sun Mobility | Tata Autocomp | Tata Motors | Tata Power | Toyota | TVS Motors | Uber | UL | Volvo |
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Categories: E-mobility, EV Charging and Swapping Strategy, Indian E-mobility Strategy
About EAI and BioBiz for Bio-CNG
BioBiz for bio-CNG, EAI's specialized consulting division for bio-CNG, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete bio-CNG value chain – feedstock sourcing, logistics, pre-processing techniques, anaerobic digestion, biogas scrubbing, biogas upgradation, end user markets for bio-CNG and digestate, and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take BioBiz’s assistance for the Indian bio-CNG market.
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.