Denso India’s Plans for E-Mobility – EV Next
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
Denso is a leading supplier of advanced automotive technology, systems and components for major automakers in India. Mahindra electric and Tata Motors also use Denso India’s product for their electric vehicles.
The company was established in India in 1986. Denso International India Pvt. Ltd. has a unique position among DENSO group companies in India as it is the Regional Headquarters, Centre for Sales & Technical services and Business Development Functions for the region. It houses DENSO’s 7th Global Research & Development Centre, providing Technical Services and development of Technology for Automobile components and products, as well as it also houses DENSO’s 9th Global Technical Training Centre to support its Service Dealers and OE Customers for the country.
DENSO’s Indian manufacturing operations
Products for Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
- Inverter PCU (Power Control Unit)
- Motor Generator
- DC-DC Converter
- Battery Monitoring Unit
- Battery Current Sensor
- System Main Relay (High Voltage)
- Hybrid Vehicle Electronic Control Unit
- Suzuki-Toshiba-Denso JV has entered their second phase of li-ion battery manufacture plant in Gujarat, India. The first product will be launched by December, 2020.
- it will invest approximately 180 billion yen (US$1.6 billion) over the three years – from FY2018 to late FY2020 – to support its aggressive development and production of electrified automotive products, systems and technologies.
- In 2017, Suzuki, Toshiba and Denso partnered to manufacture automotive lithium ion battery packs in India.
- To accelerate business execution around electrification, DENSO is establishing the Electrification Innovation Center at its plant in Anjo, Aichi, Japan, in May 2020. The Electrification Innovation Center will conduct advanced R&D, develop and test prototypes, and launch mass produced, newly developed automotive electrification products, systems and technologies.
- In September 2017, Mazda Motor Corporation (Mazda), DENSO Corporation (DENSO), and Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) signed a contract today to jointly develop basic structural technologies for electric vehicles
- In addition, now that DENSO and Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) have officially agreed to consolidate their electronic component operations within DENSO, Toyota’s Hirose Plant will be transferred to DENSO in April 2020.
Read EV Next posts on the India electric vehicle strategy for these companies: ABB | ACME | Altigreen Propulsion | Amara Raja | Ashok Leyland | Ather Energy | Audi | Bajaj | BASF | Bharat Forge | Black & Veatch | BMW | Bosch | Continental AG | Exide | Exicom | Ford | Fortum | General Motors | Great Wall Motors| Greaves | Hella | Hero Electric | Honda | Hyundai | JBM | Kia | Kinetic Green | LG | Mahindra Electric | MG Motors | Nissan | Ola | Olectra | Panasonic | Piaggio | Porsche | Renault | Samsung SDI | Schneider Electric | Sun Mobility | Tata Autocomp | Tata Motors | Tata Power | Toyota | TVS Motors | Uber | UL | Volvo |
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Categories: E-mobility, EV Batteries Strategy, EV Components Strategy, Indian E-mobility Strategy
About EAI and BioBiz for Bio-CNG
BioBiz for bio-CNG, EAI's specialized consulting division for bio-CNG, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete bio-CNG value chain – feedstock sourcing, logistics, pre-processing techniques, anaerobic digestion, biogas scrubbing, biogas upgradation, end user markets for bio-CNG and digestate, and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take BioBiz’s assistance for the Indian bio-CNG market.
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.