Greaves’ Plans for E-Mobility – EV Next
This post is a part of EV Next’s EV Perspectives.
EV Next, a division of EAI, is a leading market intelligence & strategic consulting firm for the Indian e-mobility sector.
Greaves, a noted 3 wheeler engine manufacturer entered the electric mobility sector with the acquisition of Ampere vehicles and has other plans too including setting up a battery manufacturing plant in India.
Greaves Cotton Limited is a holding company, which is engaged in manufacturing of engines and engine applications, manufacturing and trading of agro products, trading of spares related to engines and construction equipment. The Company’s segments include Engines, Infrastructure Equipment and Others. The Company has manufacturing facilities in the states of Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu. Its products are sold in India with export to the Middle East, Africa and the South East Asia Region.
The company owns Ampere electric vehicles manufactures Li-ion and LA powered scooters, bicycles, trikes and LCVs.
- Greaves had first invested ₹77 crore in Ampere in October 2018 and had acquired a stake of 67.34%. According to the company, Greaves’ total investment in Ampere now stands at ₹120.49 crore (including control premium).
- The company had earmarked ₹150 crore to be spent on Ampere over the next three years
- Currently, the company is producing 1,800 bikes and plans are to ramp it up to 5,000 units per month during FY 19-20.
- Greaves is currently working on potential investment in a battery plant for electric vehicles for which it is building a local network of suppliers.
- Ampere, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Greaves Cotton Limited (GCL), has entered into an incubation partnership with Bengaluru-based RV College of Engineering (RVCE), for creating an Electric Vehicle (EV) Mentorship Model for future of mobility.
- Greaves Cotton used Altigreen’s 3 wheeler electric powertrain to develop an e-Rickshaw which was displayed at the Auto Expo in Greater Noida in 2018
Greaves’ electric rickshaw at the Auto Expo 2018, along with its charger
Through Ampere-RVCE partnership, a joint advanced research will be carried out to develop next generation controller, battery thermal management (GCL IP project), embedded design for connected vehicles and application development for electric mobility.
Read EV Next posts on the India electric vehicle strategy for these companies: ABB | ACME | Altigreen Propulsion | Amara Raja | Ashok Leyland | Ather Energy | Audi | Bajaj | BASF | Bharat Forge | Black & Veatch | BMW | Bosch | Continental AG | Denso | Exide | Exicom | Ford | Fortum | General Motors | Great Wall Motors| Hella | Hero Electric | Honda | Hyundai | JBM | Kia | Kinetic Green | LG | Mahindra Electric | MG Motors | Nissan | Ola | Olectra | Panasonic | Piaggio | Porsche | Renault | Samsung SDI | Schneider Electric | Sun Mobility | Tata Autocomp | Tata Motors | Tata Power | Toyota | TVS Motors | Uber | UL | Volvo |
Know more on how EV Next can assist your business in your strategy for the e-mobility and electric vehicles sectors, Here
Wish to know everything about India’s EV market from one place? Check out the India EV Expert Guide, an 800 page comprehensive guide to the Indian EV market. Here
Categories: E-mobility, Electric Vehicles, EV Batteries Strategy, EV OEMs Strategy, Indian E-mobility Strategy
About EAI and BioBiz for Bio-CNG
BioBiz for bio-CNG, EAI's specialized consulting division for bio-CNG, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete bio-CNG value chain – feedstock sourcing, logistics, pre-processing techniques, anaerobic digestion, biogas scrubbing, biogas upgradation, end user markets for bio-CNG and digestate, and more. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to take BioBiz’s assistance for the Indian bio-CNG market.
About EAI & EV Next
EV Next, EAI's specialized consulting division, provides assistance in market research, strategy consulting, technology vendor/supplier finder assistance and more for the complete EV value chain - Li-ion & Lead Acid Battery Cells & Battery Packs, BMS, Battery Manufacturing equipment, EV charging station, battery swapping station, Li-ion & Lead Acid battery recycling, and for a range of electric vehicles - e-bikes, electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorbikes, electric autos, e-autos, e-rickshaws, electric trucks, electric LCVs, electric buses and more. Send a note to email@example.com if you wish to take EV Next assistance for the Indian electric vehicle market.