India Environmental ecology
In India pollution problems have inflated due to following sources / reasons:
- Domestic waste
- Vehicular pollution
- Agricultural pollution (pesticides and fertilizers)
- Industrial pollution
This section provides data and statistics on Indian environment ecology.
Environment Ecology research centres
National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI)National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI), Nagpur is devoted to research and innovations in environmental science and engineering besides solving a range of problems posed by industry, government and public. It is a constituent of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi and has a nation-wide presence with its five zonal laboratories at Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. The mandate of NEERI is:
- To conduct research and developmental studies in environmental science and engineering
- To render assistance to the industries of the region, local bodies, etc. in solving the problems of environmental pollution by S&T intervention
- To interact and collaborate with academic and research institutions on environmental science and engineering
- To participate in CSIR thrust area and mission projects comprising: Characterization of environmental quality in terms of physical, chemical and biological parameters. Technologies for prevention and control of air pollution, wastewater and solid waste in terms of their reduction, reuse, recycle, and finally safe disposal.
- The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) TERI was formally established in 1974 with the purpose of tackling and dealing with the immense and acute problems that mankind is likely to be faced with in the years ahead. on account of the gradual depletion of the earths finite energy resources which are largely non-renewable.