Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd - Established in 1987, it promotes, develops and extends financial assistance for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency/Conservation Projects.
Three key objectives for IREDA:
1. To give financial support to specific projects and schemes for generating electricity and / or energy through new and renewable sources and conserving energy through energy efficiency.
2. To maintain its position as a leading organization to provide efficient and effective financing in renewable energy and energy efficiency / conservation projects.
3. To increase IREDA's share in the renewable energy sector by way of innovative financing.
IREDA is the implementation agency for finance scheme for off-grid projects under JNNSM. www.ireda.in
Financing from IREDA for solar PV power plants
IREDA provides soft loans for a number of solar PV based power generation projects and for solar PV based products. Please refer to this page for more details on IREDA’s loans for SPV systems - http://www.ireda.gov.in/spv_systemsFaq.asp?value=1 .
A reading of the contents in the page provided above will show that IREDA’s soft loans are usually not available for those solar PV products / projects that have availed capital subsidy, but in the case of SPV power generators alone, soft loans are available for even those systems that have availed capital subsidy. It is recommended that a prospective SPV captive power system installer checks with IREDA on the applicability of this unique provision for his / her system. For our calculations of cost / economics in Chapter 5, we have conservatively taken a commercial interest rate and not the soft interest rate provided by IREDA.
- Solar Power vs Diesel Generator
- Types of Solar Cells
- Major obstacles in the Captive Solar industry
- Hottest sectors in the Market that Use Solar Power
- Large Industrial Facilities that use Captive Solar Power
- Large Commercial Facilities that use Captive Solar Power
- Solar Power in the Communication Sector
- Solar Power Generation to Pump Water
- Solar Powered Warning Signals
- Solar Powered Lighting
- Solar Powered Commercial Refrigerators
- Technology Options involved in Captive Solar
- Stand Alone PV Systems
- Grid connected Captive Solar Plants
- Grid connected Captive Solar Plants – without battery
- Grid connected Captive Solar Plants – with battery
- Hybrid Technology Involved in Solar Plants
- Technology Option Prevalent In India and Future Trends
- Setting up a Captive Solar Plant
- Installing a Captive Solar Power Plant
- Installing a Hybrid System
- Essential Components to Set Up A Captive Plant
- Optional Components to Set Up A Captive Plant
- Default Components to Set Up A Captive Plant
- Key Factors to Consider while setting up a Solar Plant
- Solar PV in India – Industry Status & Trends
- Nodal Agencies that Support Renewable Energy Financing in India
- Banks and Institutions that Support Renewable Energy Financing in India