While setting up a solar plant, a few components can be installed optionally.
i. Trackers and Sensors
There are two types of tracking systems:
- Single axis tracking system.
- Double axis tracking system.
Know About Trackers
Single axis tracking system
Increases 20-30% relative to fixed
Only 10-15% higher than fixed
Double axis tracking system
Increases 30-40% relative to fixed
Only 15-20% higher than fixed systems
ii. Meters and Shunts
Having a meter, helps in data-logging and monitoring the state of your system. This helps in claiming warranties and also early fault detection.
Shunts are introduced if there are chances of electrical interference, like in grid-connected or Power generator connected systems, or to introduce an added tier of safety when it comes to electrical discharges from batteries or other components where it is introduced.
It is basically a low-resistance path which ensures that current only flows through it and no other crossing wires.
iii. AC Generator (back up)
If your system is off-grid, it is wise to have a back up AC generator, in cases of system failure or shutdown for maintenance. It can be any kind of DC generator, linked to the inverter which then can be used as a stand-in system for the critical loads.
- Solar Power vs Diesel Generator
- Types of Solar Cells
- Major obstacles in the Captive Solar industry
- Hottest sectors in the Market that Use Solar Power
- Large Industrial Facilities that use Captive Solar Power
- Large Commercial Facilities that use Captive Solar Power
- Solar Power in the Communication Sector
- Solar Power Generation to Pump Water
- Solar Powered Warning Signals
- Solar Powered Lighting
- Solar Powered Commercial Refrigerators
- Technology Options involved in Captive Solar
- Stand Alone PV Systems
- Grid connected Captive Solar Plants
- Grid connected Captive Solar Plants – without battery
- Grid connected Captive Solar Plants – with battery
- Hybrid Technology Involved in Solar Plants
- Technology Option Prevalent In India and Future Trends
- Setting up a Captive Solar Plant
- Installing a Captive Solar Power Plant
- Installing a Hybrid System
- Essential Components to Set Up A Captive Plant
- Optional Components to Set Up A Captive Plant
- Default Components to Set Up A Captive Plant
- Key Factors to Consider while setting up a Solar Plant
- Solar PV in India – Industry Status & Trends
- Nodal Agencies that Support Renewable Energy Financing in India
- Banks and Institutions that Support Renewable Energy Financing in India